PelviGYNious – Anterior und posterior mesh for laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
After preparation of the vaginal wall or the cervix, the vaginal wall is mobilized. By laying the posterior mesh in the small pelvis and the anterior mesh deep under the bladder, the PelviGYNious offers a good correction of the cystocele/rectocele, as well as a tension-free apical suspension of the proximal vagina through fixation of both meshes on the sacral promontory.
Which criteria are relevant for an effective treatment of pelvic organ prolapse and for high patient satisfaction?
- Long-term flexibility of vaginal tissue
- Preservation of a certain apical mobility
- Fast ingrowth of the mesh along with good re-collagenisation and re-vascularisationelles
- Durable support to prevent recurrence of apical prolapse
What PelviGYNious offers
- Apical fixation to correct pelvic organ prolapse
- Double-layer mesh on the proximal end for firm fixation to the os sacrum or sacral promontory with little, but existing Apex-mobility
- Isoelastic single-layer mesh body around the vaginal tissue to keep flexibility of vaginal tissue as high as possible: hexagonal mesh structure, ultralight-weight mesh body
- A minimum of foreign material for minimal foreign body reactions: 21 g/m²
- Highest mesh porosity (93%) for mesh integration through growth of fibroblasts around the monofilaments